Amazing game, I made such a large farm that my game finally died, I have a ton of RAM and a good processor so lol RIP.
A downloadable game for Windows
After accidentally burning down the Cactus Dimension because he left the stove on, Pablo the Cactus Farmer is forced to move into a new world to rebuild his empire with nothing but a cool hat and an affinity for prickly plants.
In Cactorio, the long-awaited sequel to the hit game Cactus Farmer, you can farm, build, explore, and fight your way to become the universe's greatest cacti tycoon. After collecting enough cactus seeds, you can automate farming using Cactech, which was developed by Pablo after receiving a master's degree in agricultural engineering. But watch out, desert savages are always combing the desert and are ready to destroy everything you've worked for, so be prepared!
- WASD - Move
- Shift - Run
- LMB - Harvest / Place Item
- RMB - Destroy Selected Item / Fire Manually
- Mouse Scroll / Q / E - Change Item Selection
- Tab - Change Seed Selection
- R - Rotate Object
- Control - Toggle Fullscreen
- Cactorio! v1.1.0 UpdateOct 14, 2019
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
This game is insanely fun so far. 55 minutes went by and I lost track of it! I really enjoy the silliness of this game! 'Nothing better than a supply chain of cactus. :D
Also, you can put endless amounts of cactus on top of the Spicy / brown seed area in just one spot (the spot that appears to have seeds beneath). I noticed you prevent that with any area but those, was that intentional? Also, I have yet to see the spicy turrets shoot, I am guessing that was not suppose to happen. :o
Thank you for playing! That's a pretty nifty setup you have there!
For the spicy turrets, you have to fill them up with turret seeds, which can be accomplished by right clicking on them while holding the harvest tool. They will also automatically suck up any nearby seeds to use for ammo. As for placing multiple cacti in one spot, that was not intentional. I will probably fix that if I decide to do another update ;^)
Very fun and addictive game to play!
I've made a small gameplay just to show how game mechanics work:
I found a glitch when i started up the game i double clicked and 2 guys appeared. Fun game though!
Alright, here's my feedback on the game:
- Just show the how to play instructions on the itch page.
- Decent art, but some ambience would be nice.
- The player should have to aim at enemies, now it isn't very engaging.
- The placement of all of the objects should be grid based.
- It takes too long before you get some stuff up and running.
- Bullets often go straight through enemies.
- Walls can't be placed on tiles with rocks, but enemies can walk right over rocks.
Thanks for the feedback! I didn't spend too much time on small things like these because this is a game jam entry, but if I continue to work on the game some changes will definitely be made. :)
Came here from Buckler 2. I'm really digging this art style!